"Zine" is short for fanzine. For all intensive purposes, a zine is a cheaply-made, cheaply-priced publication, often in black and white, which is mass-produced via photocopier and bound with staples.
Most zines revolve around a music scene of some sort, but others are dedicated to artwork, poetry, cartoons, editorials and short stories. Because zines do not have any sort of corporate backing, they are very rugged, individualized, and much more charismatic than larger, more popular magazines whose content is often dictated by their advertisers (source).
1. As a team (ROW) you'll need to meet together and discuss what your ZINE theme will be.
It could be about cats. sports. A particular artist. A word. A letter. 80's rock. YOU DECIDE. But come together on your idea. *don't worry, you'll have a chance to make your own eventually!
2. Gather material! Search the web for material.
supplemental designs (patterns etc)
3. Create a new document in photoshop:
color mode: GREYSCALE
4. Using RULERS create a line in the middle of the page (this will indicate where the fold goes)
5. Arrange your images on your page. Keep in mind, only ONE side will be printed, and it will be folded, so your pages might not end up side by side.
6. Designate someone in charge of the cover page. Include a title of some sort.
7. Wait for printing instructions.